Thank you for your interest in doing business with CalSTRS. We are committed to socially and environmentally responsible business practices and acquire goods and services in the best interest of CalSTRS, its members and beneficiaries. CalSTRS’ competitive purchasing process follows State of California laws.
- Join a world-class financial services organization proud to serve California’s public educators.
- Work for a diverse organization where every person and every background is welcomed and valued.
- Grow your career at the largest educator-only pension fund in the world.
- Increase your expertise in a variety of business areas, including investments, customer service and technology services.
Pursuant to Government Code section 11425.60, and the board policy on Designating Precedential Decisions, CalSTRS is authorized to designate all or part of an administratively adjudicated decision as a Precedential Decision when the following criteria are met:
Charter schools have the unique ability to decide whether to provide CalSTRS benefits and services to their employees.
CalSTRS offers the following benefits to members:
- Defined Benefit Program
- Defined Benefit Supplement Program
- Pension2®, a voluntary supplemental savings plan
CalSTRS Strategic Plan is a guide for the future of CalSTRS as an organization.
CalSTRS Business Plan provides essential information on the current fiscal year, including the strategy map, the Teachers’ Retirement Board priorities and planned outcomes.
CalSTRS Workforce Plan is an in-depth look at the current and future needs of the CalSTRS workforce.
CalSTRS Leadership Development & Succession Plan is a deeper dive into the current and future needs of CalSTRS leadership workforce.
The California State Teachers’ Retirement System was established by law in 1913 to provide retirement benefits to California’s public school educators from prekindergarten through community college.
Today, CalSTRS is the largest educator-only pension fund in the world, and the second largest pension fund in the U.S.
The market value of the CalSTRS Investment Portfolio was approximately $236.9 billion as of June 30, 2019.
Our mission: Securing the financial future and sustaining the trust of California’s educators.